OK, one more before the Norwegian post. I've got to reading a book by a writer I said I would never read. Those who know me can tell you (and besides, that's the reason why you find the quote in the head of this blog) that I should certainly avoid using the word never. Sometimes it's a bit surprising when you end up in situations you'd least expect in your life (let me give you examples only when it comes to running - I'd never run a marathon, never run an ultra, never take part in an adventure race... - not mentioning all those much more personal and "serious" parts of my life), but in this case I actually don't mind. I studied languages and literature, after all! I should read and get to know various kinds of writers, styles, cultures... So then I end up with this guy I (still) look down on a bit, but I have to admit, he's got a few points worth noticing.
Like this one:
All you have to do is to pay attention; lessons always arrive when you are ready, and if you can read the signs, you will learn everything you need to know in order to take the next step.
So you sitting in your favourite place, eating your veggie sushi, enjoying a short break in the middle of a sunny day, and all these things are coming to you, as they have been coming for quite some time now and you feel like flowing down the stream, keeping calm, focused, living the moment, here and now.
And then you go and get a cup of coffee in a small cake shop nearby, you smile at the owner and she gives you a free sample praline, and one more when you say you actually prefer dark ones, and filled with these tiny little joys you go and live your life, ready to learn new things.
***and here's my favourite by a lovely lady called Florence Welch***
No comments:
Post a Comment