
Just for those who are into English a wee bit:
Yesterday, sitting alone in my bedroom, working on my PC, drinking my bottle of Jameson (and thinking that maybe I'm becoming slightly alcoholic since I'm drinkin' alone), and listening to The Swell Season to get into the right mood (well, I was just trying to avoid writing the bloody thesis :o))), it suddenly came to me - isn't this album just about me? my life? right here? right now? drinking? Don't the Irish write about the things they know well - which means... drinking? thinking? rabitting?
Let's have a look at the track listing:
1. This Low
2. Sleeping
3. Falling Slowly
4. Drown Out
5. Lies
6. When Your Mind's Made Up
7. The Swell Season
8. Leave
9. The Moon
10. Alone Apart
And let's take it this way:
When The Moon's shining in the sky without the clouds, I'm sitting here, I wish I was Sleeping, yet right now I'm Falling Slowly This Low in my bottle of whiskey, trying to Drown Out all the Lies, Alone Apart, I'd like to Leave When Your Mind's Made Up. But I simply can't. I'm Falling Slowly... Falling Slowly...
Yee, lads, make ort! :o)))
No comments:
Post a Comment